The application consists of two parts: a cover letter and a specimen of the typeface you are proposing to work on during the program. The application deadline is December 7, 2020 by the end of your day. Questions? Send them to email@example.com.
The cover letter should include your full name, snail-mail address, and email address, and should respond to the following questions:
- What is your background and previous experience in typeface design?
- Why do you want to attend the program?
- What do you hope to learn from the program?
- Start with a description of the typeface you are proposing to work on. This might include the origins of the typeface, why you started designing it, where you are in the design process, where you’d like to go with it, what you’re struggling with, or the number of weights and styles (if applicable).
- Include a full character set, labeled as such.
- Show the typeface in an appropriate variety of sizes and types of settings.
- Use A4 or letter size paper.
- Keep your use of images to a minimum.
Note: The cover letter can be in the body of your email, but a separate PDF is fine too. Make sure to add your full name to any file you plan to send over, like this: daisy_newman-specimen.pdf.
Deadline: December 7, 2020
Add your name to our mailing list to get the latest updates about the application process, visiting instructors, and more.