The main content of your application consists of two items: a cover letter and a specimen of the typeface you are proposing to work on during the program. Both documents should be included in a single PDF. Once the PDF is ready, fill out the application. Questions? Send them to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, January 23, 2022 by the end of your day.
The cover letter should respond to the following questions:
- What is your background and previous experience in typeface design?
- Why do you want to attend the program?
- What do you hope to learn from the program?
- Start with a description of the typeface(s) you are proposing to work on. This might include the origins of the typeface, why you started designing it, where you are in the design process, how you’d like to expand it, what you’re struggling with, or the number of weights and styles (if applicable).
- Include a full character set, labeled as such.
- Show the typeface in an appropriate variety of sizes and types of settings.
- Size your document to A4 or letter.
- Keep your use of images to a minimum.
Note: Please add your full name to your PDF file, like this: daisy_newman-application.pdf.
Want to be the first to know what’s happening with Practica? Add your name to our mailing list to get the latest updates.